Friday, January 11, 2013

TGIF!!

Happy Friday Everybody!
 If you're like me, it has been a long week with some ups and downs (cutting my finger on a serrated knife yesterday for instance lol) and you are probably too tired to exercise today. BUT THAT IS NO EXCUSE!! I literally drug myself out of bed and had to repeat in my mind, "you will work out, you will work out". I even almost let the fact that I couldn't find any socks stop me. But I forced myself and made do with what I had. I chose http://youtu.be/sOCJI0scXA4....which is workout #51 at www.zuzkalight.com which is my favorite free at home work out website. Today's workout was 14 minutes of cardio, strength and stretch built into one.

So back to motivation...i found this great article "9 tips for working out in the morning (without it being miserable)  http://fitbottomedgirls.com/2012/02/9-tips-for-working-out-in-the-morning-without-it-being-miserable/9/. It has great, basic tips to help you get out of bed in the mornings. Remember, don't reach for the moon. Start slow and take baby steps or else you will get discouraged.

Have a great Friday, and I will talk to you soon!!

Here is a picture for some motivation :)

~Mandi




2 comments:

  1. Hey so question. I just joined a gym and have no idea how to start a routine... all I can think of is to go there a look like a goofball on the treadmill lol ...any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great question! When I used to work out at a gym I felt the same way. But what I think is most effective is start with the treadmill or elliptical for 20-30 minutes. Just to get some good cardio. But make sure you are getting your heart rate elevated, mix it up with following a program on the treadmill or elliptical where it changes the incline and speed on it's own here and there. Next, I ignore everyone else that is there and head to the weight resistance machines. I would start by choosing four of them to create a circuit routine. make sure you are mixing up different parts of the body, upper, lower, middle. Do each machine for about 40-50 sec if you can. Then quickly move to the next machine. Do this same circuit 4 times through. That should take you about 12-15 minutes-ish. Be sure to push yourself on the machines to your full potential to get the most out of the workout. And don't get discouraged if someone is using a machine you choose for "your circuit". just use another machine! I hope that make sense and helps! Let me know if you need any more help...i am glad to assist! :)

    ReplyDelete