Monday, January 14, 2013

Eat Your Veggies!!

Good Morning,
It's Monday. Only 5 more day's until the weekend! Ha ha, can you tell I am not in the mood to work! I am awfully tired today.

My topic for today I had came up with yesterday while discussing with my brother why he needs to eat his veggies. His response was "Yuck". So I thought I would find some information on why, as a whole, most people don't like vegetables and why we all have such a negative vibe when it comes to them. What I found mostly is that people were forced to eat them as children, almost like punishment, so it created a negative psychological effect. Which is unfortunate because you may actually like vegetables, despite the negative correlation you have with them!  I also found that many people have more taste buds that are sensitive to bitter tastes. After researching some, I found an article on Web MD, http://goo.gl/reba1  that gives some insight as to why we don't like vegetables and it has 15 tips for "veggie haters", as they say, to incorporate veggies into your life. I loved the information this article had. It was very interesting. I urge you to read it for you may find some ideas that will work with you and your family. I think this information is important as well when you are trying to get your kids to eat more vegetables. So I dedicate this to Kyle. Thanks for the idea!

My workout today was from www.fitnessblender.com.
 http://goo.gl/eTO7n. :it was a 16 minute, intense cardio/bodyweight routine. It will definitely make you sweat!
 http://goo.gl/ZT2kQ: I also did a 5 minute lower body routine.



Have a great start to your week! Stay Active!
~Mandi


SO TRUE

No comments:

Post a Comment