Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cooking cheap, fresh and healthy. Can it be easy?

I have some tidbits to share with you today.

To start, I wanted to give some advice on cooking healthy. I know it can be a daunting thought, especially if you are just starting and don't know where to begin or what to make. And many times healthy recipes can be long, drawn out and involve things you have never even heard of! Well I found an interesting solution to take the guesswork out.

If you are not subscribed to Groupon...well you should be. There are ton of fitness classes, yoga classes, etc that you can find for great deals. Today while browsing through the Groupon App on my phone during my lunch break, I came across this really neat Groupon for a website called http://www.thefresh20.com/ .The groupon is $24.00 for  12 months of one dinner plan bundle. The details are: every Friday you get a meal plan for 5 healthy dinners with a shopping list of only 20 ingredients. You also get recipes and ideas for leftovers. The meals are designed to feed a family of four and are strategically planned to play off each other. You get to choose from either classic healthy, gluten free or vegetarian. There are two other bundles that include more than just what I listed. But 20 ingredients for 5 meals?! Now that had my attention. I looked up their website before I decided to pull the trigger and buy it. It is really neat! It's a basic family who got tired of take out and feeling like crap and created this membership community to make wholesome, healthy foods, with fresh, seasonal ingredients. Now why am I encouraging this and sounding like a salesperson? I just think this concept is really cool plainly put lol. It's because I know how extremely busy the majority of us are and we don't have time to make elaborate healthy meals that are difficult and time consuming. And what is worse than having a goal of cooking healthy only to be discouraged. This takes the guess work out of it! Also I have recently realized I am gluten intolerant and would love some ideas for gluten free meals, but even if I wasn't and just chose the classic healthy option, how great is this package. At $24 ($49 value) even if I end up not following it to a "T", it will be worth the money. I am always seeking EASY, CHEAP ways to be healthy and part of my blog is that I want to share these things I find with you! I just think this is great! Ok, I am done with that. But I really do encourage you to at least check their website whether you have a Groupon or not. I think this could help a lot of people. Especially those looking for ways to simplify life.

When I was researching my post on drinking water, I came across "No Diet, No Exercise Tips to Lose Weight" from www.shape.com. It has 6 tips on things you can incorporate into your daily life to assist in your weight loss goals. It's worth reading through.

I also came across a website that makes some cute handmade workout tanks and tees,
 http://www.person-10.com/. The ladies might find these cute! I plan to put an order in soon for the pink "keep calm and work out" tank. I will show it to you once I get it!

Today's workouts:
http://goo.gl/1csTK: 25 minute bodyweight workout routine
http://goo.gl/RmepX: 8 minute quick cardio

Well that's all I have today. Later in the week I do plan to have a discussion on my workout strategy and also one on how what holistic tactics can make you feel so much better and why!

Have a great evening and thanks for stopping by!

make peace

Stay Active
~Mandi 

No comments:

Post a Comment