Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunday Recipe of the Week: Jambalaya plus Work Week Menu

Hello..

It has been a busy weekend so I haven't had time to post anything, although I have been thinking about a lot of ideas!

 I thought that it might be fun for Sundays to be the "recipe day". I will pick one recipe that I will make on Sunday's to be the "Recipe of the Week". Then I will try to share our menu for the work week as much as possible. We do try to plan as much as possible, but as life is busy and unpredictable  we may not always have a plan or be able to stick with it, but I will share what I can. So here is this weeks plan!

Recipe of the week:

Jambalya (this will also be on my Recipe page)
This is a Paula Deen recipe, however here is how I "heathalized" it:
I used smoked turkey sausage. I omitted the beef bouillon and salt. You can use low sodium diced tomatoes.  This does make a lot, so it will get us dinner for tonight and one other night for this week. I made some gluten free corn muffins to go along with it. It is very filling, so don't let your eyes be bigger than your stomach. And you will not miss the salt. Trust me.

Our Plans for the rest of the week:
Monday:
Pick up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Eat the white meat (no skin) served with a small salad and a veggie for sides.

Tuesday:
Left over Jambalaya.

Wednesday:
T-bone Steak. Now we RARELY eat red meat, and hardly steak at that. I am talking more rare than once in a blue moon. However we recently found these for a really great deal. Brian plans to grill them and I will only eat about 4 oz. We have some red potatoes left from last week, so we will either roast them in the oven or make mashed potatoes (with little butter). We will also serve with a salad.

Thursday:
Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken (also find on the recipe page)
This is a recipe I found on Pinterest. It is simple for the work week to throw into the crock pot. I prefer to use 1/3 less fat cream cheese and a jar of salsa rather than Rotel. I also bought low sodium black beans. With the can of corn, rinse the corn to wash off extra salt or use frozen corn. This is really good as leftovers as tacos too.

Friday:
Left overs from Thursday.

This weeks menu seems relatively boring, but we both will be working late and needed some mostly healthy, easy dinners.

I did not have a workout today, but as an active rest day Brian, my brother and I went to the RV show and walked around and up and down many stairs to RV's and campers for a long while. That was fun! lol

Have a great week and I will talk to you soon.

Inspire your friends - it may take days, weeks, months but they are watching!

The gym isn't my thing, but healthy is :)

Stay Active!
~Mandi

No comments:

Post a Comment