Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Dr. Oz 3 Day Detox Cleanse-Day 1

So a friend of mine and I decided to tackle the Dr. Oz 3 Day Detox Cleanse in hopes we would reap the benefits of what it claims to do. It supposedly resets your body by eliminating toxins and helping to regulate your hormones, especially your thyroid. You can potentially lose a few pounds as well. We thought, it's just three days, can it really be that hard?

Well here is an update on day 1:
I started the day with hot green tea with a slice of lemon and 1 tsp of Stevia (although not a huge fan of Stevia). That was good. I like green tea so not a bad way to start the morning.

I drank my breakfast smoothie around 7am that consisted of: 1 cup of water, 1 tbs flax seed, 1 cup raspberries, 1 banana, 1/4 spinach, 1 tbs almond butter, 2 tbs lemon juice. This is actually pretty tasty. I enjoyed it and drank it pretty quickly. I did have a slight headache in the morning, but I think it was all in my head (no pun intended) as I don't intake much caffeine, I didn't suspect I would have the typical caffeine headache that most probably do. And the green tea has caffeine. I didn't notice anything weird with my GI tract other than about halfway through the smoothie I did need to, well you know...go. TMI, I know, but come on, don't you want to know what happened? ;)

By the time I was hungry it was time to drink my lunch smoothie. It was about 11:00am. This consists of 4 celery stalks, 1 cucumber, 1 cup kale leaves, 1/2 green apple, 1/2 lime juiced, 1 tbsp coconut oil 1/2 cup almond milk and 1 cup pineapple. At first sip, I thought it tasted ok, kind of refreshing. However, it than became very sour. And it is super thick. I almost had to chew it just to get it down. After over an hour and only half way through the smoothie and gagging a few times I gave up and poured it out.

Now through the afternoon, I did start to feel a little fuzzy in the brain and grumpy. I found myself craving something salty. But still wasn't overly hungry.

Around 3pm I had my "snack" smoothie, which I repeated breakfast.

I got home from work a little after 4pm. At this point I really don't feel very good but I did a 12 minute HIIT routine for exercise. I thought I was going to die. I really did not have the energy like I usually do to get through it.

I took my detox bath: hot water, epsom salt and lavender oil for 30 min. I was sweating my ass off!!! My heart rate was way elevated and this made me feel worse. I read a book to keep me occupied for 30 minutes and I did bring a glass of ice water to keep me hydrated. By the time I was done with the bath I more or less feel the way I did when I was prepping for my colonoscopy last year. Dizzy, fuzzy, disoriented, nauseous.

Currently I am getting ready to drink my dinner smoothie: 1/2 mango, 1 cup blueberries, 1 1/2 cup coconut water, 1 cup kale, 1 tbs lemon, 1/4 avocado  1/4 tsp cayenne, 1 tbs flax seed. I have taken my first drink and it is spicy!!! But it kind of is helping my craving for salt. I actually don't mind this one. (as my husband heats up his chicken patty and refuses to give me a bite! lol )

Overall, I don't feel great, but it could be worse. I have noticed I am having a hard time focusing and finding my words for this blog and I left the fridge door open. Yikes! Hopefully tomorrow will go better. Oh and I forgot to weigh myself this morning, but when I got home, i was 123.2. we shall see what happens!


Cheers to detox
~Mandi




No comments:

Post a Comment