Tuesday, February 26, 2013

More Recipes: Pork Chops and Green Beans

So today I had to work from home due to the snow storm and needed to come up with something easy and healthy for dinner. I hastily threw some pork chops in the sink to thaw out but thought, what the heck am I going to do with these and what I am going to make to go with it?

Well, I did some quick searching on google with the ingredients I have in the kitchen and found two recipes that were AH-MAH-ZING! So I thought, I have got to share these.

Honey Garlic Pork Chops courtesy of Taste of Home.
How I "Mandi-tized" it: I used small, boneless pork chops. But that's it. Everything else was the same. I was a bit confused on why you don't just cook the pork chops in the honey sauce, but actually makes sense to do it according to the recipe then drizzle on the pork chops right before serving.

Green Beans and Red Onions with Warm Mustard Vinaigrette  courtesy of MyRecipes.com
And how I "Mandi-tized" this: I used honey mustard instead of dijon only because my mother-in-law bought us some from Hawaii and hadn't tried it yet, but I loved this recipe! And am sure it is great with dijon mustard as well. It makes a great side side dish and I am thinking will be great in the summer cold!

I also made the balsamic roasted red potatoes that are on my recipe page to complete the meal.

The three of these made a wonderful, relatively healthy dinner that I am going to put down as one of my favorites. I hope you will try this because not only are they scrumptious and good for you, It did not take long to make. Quick and easy, that's what I like.

I have a busy rest of the week coming up moonlighting at a wine boutique Thursday, Friday and Saturday, but I do have a new subject to post on this weekend. I hope you are enjoying to snow! I myself am enjoying it from the inside :)

Stay Active!
~Mandi

Ok...i know the picture is a bit racey, but seriously, this is why i love squats!!!

Couldn't NOT re-pin this...

No comments:

Post a Comment