Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunday's Recipe: Carnitas plus a Smoothie Recipe

Good Sunday evening,

I hope you had a great weekend. Tomorrow is back to the grind. Major dislike on that one. Today's recipe I came across on the internet the other day so I wanted to share it with you. It's from www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com which is a really cool blog I follow. You should check this site out as well. It has a lot of neat tips for recipes, homemade products, etc.

Twice Baked Crock Pot Carnitas
I absolutely love Carnitas. And this is a super simple way to make it in the crock pot. Click on the recipe name to follow the link to the recipe. A few changes I made was instead of the 1/2 cup of orange juice, I sliced a clementine and placed the slices along the sides of the crock pot. Also use Diet Dr.Pepper, rather than regular. I think this soda has great flavor for meat, but make it diet. Who needs those extra calories? And Brian and I like to add a little Chipotle in Adobe sauce to add some spice.

I also wanted to share a smoothie recipe that I found and it is very good:

Strawberry Avocado Smoothie:
¼ Cup milk
¾ Cup plain greek yogurt
1 Whole banana
¼ large avocado or half of a small one

1 ½ Cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
¼ tsp Vanilla extract


Add in blender in this order. It makes about 16-20 oz. I drink only half at a time, but it is very filling. 

Sorry for the short and sweet, but I will be back with some topics this week.

Have a great night!
Stay Active
~Mandi

No comments:

Post a Comment